Sourdough Bread Workshop
Reserve your spot now for Nov 17th.
Date: Saturday, Nov 17, 2018
8:45am - 9:00pm
Location: Camp Howdy
3000 Camp Howdy Rd, Belcarra
(40 min from downtown Vancouver)
Sourdough as a Lifestyle
This workshop will challenge you to think about food and health, holistically. As you work through the bread making process, and taste the difference, you will question what you’ve been eating all this time.
Our artisan baker will demonstrate every step of the sourdough making process while you bake your very own loaf of sourdough bread to take home.
- Starter maintenance
- Alternative uses for your leftover starter
- The importance of ingredients with a focus on salt
- Understanding each step in the process of baking
- Mixing, turning, kneading, and shaping techniques
- Discovering why sourdough is particularly nutritious and digestible
- Learning a basic sourdough recipe, as well as how to plan your baking schedule
- Understanding where the sour flavour comes from
- Learning about gut microbiomes, prebiotics, and probiotics
- Knowing when the bread is proofed
- Scoring and baking your bread
A panel of speakers will cover various topics regarding sourdough bread, fermentation and building a framework for living a healthy lifestyle.
The limited class size will allow instructors to provide individual attention through the steps where necessary.
Two exercise sessions with our certified health and fitness instructor
Delicious organic meals - Savour the taste of our exclusive 8 Corners open-face sandwiches and enjoy a cup of green tea, soaking in the water view from the Organic Tea Room while you wait for your dough to
“More than 20 million Canadians suffer from digestive disorders every year.”
Millions of people are unaware of how gluten in modern day bread impacts digestion, mood, sleep and energy. Sourdough bread may be the answer. Learn how small changes can positively improve your long term health.
- Health benefits of sourdough bread
- The fermentation process behind sourdough bread
- Why gluten can make you sick over time
- The health benefits of fermentation
- Why ‘Saliva’ is the key to good health
- A framework for a healthy lifestyle
Immerse yourself in nature as you discover Camp Howdy, nestled between the mountains and the ocean on the Indian Arm.
You Will Leave With
- Your very own organic sourdough loaf
- Unique 8 Corners organic sourdough starter
- Sourdough Workbook which includes a sourdough recipe, and key points from all the lectures
- Certificate of completion
Reserve your spot. Limited spots available. $250
Refund and Cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations made up until 1 week before workshop date.
Cancellations made within 7 days of the workshop date will receive a 50% refund.
For cancellations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org